As Jesus cares for us, we are challenged to care for others
by Sister Agnes Fischer
Examen for shepherds and shepherdesses (parents, teachers, etc.):
Everything depends on how well I attend to the three characteristics of the “Good Shepherd” presented in today’s Gospel.
- The good shepherd gives his life for his sheep.
* How do I spend myself giving what is necessary for life, not only food, but also affection, good example, instruction, security, affirmation, …?
- The good shepherd knows her sheep.
* How well do I know my children’s capabilities, problems, qualities, dreams, aspirations …?
- The good shepherd is concerned about those sheep from other flocks.
* How well do I know my children’s friends, companions and schoolmates?
* Am I concerned about the needs of my employees or my work companions?
* What do I know about their families?
What kind of shepherd am I?