Food Service Supervisor
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and coordinating the daily operations of the Food Service Department.
- Supervising Food Service team; hiring, scheduling, managing, training, evaluating, and coaching staff, and providing support whenever necessary to ensure success while fostering a team spirit.
- Effectively leading and participating in all kitchen activities, including menu planning, food preparation, serving, storage, and clean-up.
- Monitoring/maintaining inventory and ordering/purchasing of food, supplies, and equipment; ensuring proper rotation of perishable food stores.
- Budget preparation and administration.
- Accurately preparing and maintaining all required records and documentation.
- Communicating with and reporting all necessary information to Leadership.
- Maintaining safe and sanitary conditions throughout the work area.
- Working cooperatively with other departments and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Maintaining privacy and confidentiality of all information.
- Culinary Arts degree and/or current Dietary Manager certification.
- Previous food service department management experience and proven staff management ability.
- Previous cooking and baking experience in an institution where meals are prepared and served on-site to residents.
- Good judgment with the ability to make sound decisions individually and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to read small print in directions and on labels and thermometers.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled hours and fill in for absences when necessary.
- Ability to stand throughout a shift and lift/move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor and a cooperative and courteous manner.
- COVID-19 vaccination, including all boosters, required.
The schedule will be 32-40 hours/week, Monday – Thursday or Friday. Full benefits package including PTO, medical insurance, 403b, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid lunch break with free meal provided.
The right candidate can honor/respect religious life which is centered in simplicity and prayer.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com or call Jenny Majkowski at 884-2720 for more information.