Our Way of Life
Our Franciscan lifestyle is patterned in the evangelical/apostolic tradition. Its characteristics are:
- Gospel witness: Preaching the Word and peacemaking.
- Life lived in community that centers around Jesus and his mission, and sharing all things.
- Ability to find, be with, and serve God in all activity.
- A daily rhythm (morning and evening prayer, Eucharist).
- Flexibility and openness to change.
- Blend of active and contemplative life.
- Personal and communal prayer.
- Mission focused on furthering the Reign of God.
- Apostolic availability: Readiness to be sent where there are needs.
- Simplicity, service and loving communal relationships.
If you feel called to share life in community with the Sisters of St. Francis of the Holy Cross, please contact Sister Laura Zelten at 920-884-2730 or select "Vocation" from our Contact form.