Welcome to our solar education walking path!
We offer three ways in which to experience our solar array:
- Our 4.5-minute video (below) includes all the information covered during an in-person, self-guided tour. The video is a great option if you live far away or if you are seeking information off-hours or off-season.
- Our real-time solar meter (to the right) measures how much electricity we are generating by the hour. See how many tons of carbon dioxide emissions we have avoided, how many gallons of gasoline we have offset, or how many smart phone charges we have generated.
- Our on-site, self-guided tour explains how solar energy is created and why we undertook this project. Important details below.
Solar Array Virtual Tour
Important things to know about your visit:
- All tours are self-guided.
- Masks are required.
- The site is open from 10 am to 3 pm Monday through Friday, from May to October.
- Group Guidelines:
- Groups of 4 or less do not need an appointment.
- Groups of 5 or more including school groups must call 920-468-1828 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday-Friday for an appointment.
- School Groups: This tour is ideal for Grade 5 and above. A Powerpoint presentation is available to prepare for the tour. Submit your request to mail @ gbfranciscans.org (copy the address into your email and remove the spaces before sending).
- Walking on uneven, grassy surfaces is required. The site is not handicap accessible.
- A flyer and seven signs on the site will explain how solar power is created, the scale of our project, why we chose solar, and whether solar energy is a good choice in our climate.
- Parking is limited. Please park in the lot where you see this yellow sign and walk to the solar site.
- Please stay on the path to protect the wildflowers and wildlife.
- No pets allowed.
- Please take out any garbage.
- A porta-potty is available at the site. There is no access to the building.