Substitute thoughts, words and actions with those that align with Jesus’
By Sister Geraldine Krautkramer
What comes to mind when you read or hear of Lent?
This is an annual call for us to reflect on how we have been living, talking and relating with every aspect of life. Do our thoughts, words and actions align with Jesus’? Jesus has generously given us clear examples.
Lent is a time for reconciliation. We reconcile with God through the sacrament of Penance. What are some changes you might consider?
- Give up complaining. Focus on gratitude instead.
- Give up gossiping.
- Give up jealousy. Pray for trust in Jesus.
- Give up discouragement. Turn to hope and prayer.
- Give up anger. Ask for patience.
- Give up “I can’t”. Try “I can with God’s help”.
Lord, help me to rely on your Word. Fill my soul with your love so that I can encourage others. Amen.