Now is the time to turn away from habits that do not lead us to God
by Sister Agnes Fischer
Behold, I am sending my messenger ahead of you; he will prepare your way.
A voice of one crying out in the desert: “Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight his paths.” (Mark 1:2-3)
Straighten out and fix those paths so that …
- Our marriage relationship continues to reflect its early loving and sharing.
- Our business dealings are open; and we give honest service for an honest wage.
- The scale by which we judge sometimes tips a little in favor of someone who may need a hand up.
- Our criteria about premarital chastity, conjugal fidelity and family values may challenge the current propaganda.
- In our home, children learn that what we profess to believe corresponds to how we live.
By paths such as these Jesus can surely come to us; and we can travel toward Him.