Whether we are feeling blessed or abandoned, we still abide in God
by Sister Lynne Marie Simonich
"The Lord's way is not fair!" (Ez. 18:25) Have you ever said or thought this when:
- good people suffer?
- you have to work so hard and get paid so little?
- a spouse, child, friend dies?
- someone you know has a terminal illness?
Why, why, why?
There is a flip side to the “why” we ask in life.
- Why am I so blessed?
- Why do the flowers bloom so beautifully?
- Why do I have a loving family and friends?
- Why does the setting sun fill the sky with color?
We are reminded that there are many ups and downs in life and through them all God is with us. Our responsorial psalm says God’s compassion and love “are from of old”. We are in God’s embrace every day and that will be our strength when the “why” in life is difficult to understand.