'Go and sin no more' is all about moving forward
by Sister Agnes Fischer
To Christ our past doesn’t matter.
- To Christ it doesn’t matter what the woman who was brought to him had done. What matters is her future.
- In this Lent of 2022 it doesn’t matter what we have done in the past, rather what we’re going to do from now on.
- It doesn’t matter how many sins we have committed, but that we are resolved to not commit them again.
- It doesn’t matter that we have fallen, but that we are determined, with His help, to get up.
- It doesn’t matter if we have died, but that we want to rise.
To Christ it is not our past that matters, but our future.
And so we place our hope in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, not to reprimand us but to hear the words of Jesus, “Neither will I condemn you. Go and sin no more.”
I enjoy reading your inspirational messages.