Reflection for Sept. 6, 2015
Thursday, September 3, 2015
How can we better respond to Jesus' blessings
in our lives?
by Sister Agnes Fischer
Sunday's Gospel tells us that Jesus opened the ears and loosened
the tongue of the deaf mute. We pray:
- Lord, loosen our tongues ...
- In defense of someone we hear being defamed or being blamed for
something they did not do
- To speak a word of forgiveness when we have been offended
- To pronounce the magic words "pardon me" when we have
- To speak words of gratitude and praise to our children and/or
- ... and open our ears ...
- To the trusting voices of children
- To the silent complaints of our immigrant families
- To the call for help of the hungry and homeless
- To the clamor for justice of the oppressed
- To the hopeful voices of those looking for work
- To the Word of God proclaimed in our church and whispered in
You who make the deaf hear and the mute speak, hear our