Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Does my 'star' guide people to Jesus Christ?
by Sister Agnes Fischer
Where is the newborn King of the Jews?
If the Magi of today -- that is, men and women of goodwill -- were to ask that question would we tell them that He can be found:
- In noisy children?
- In the hungry?
- In those who don't have a place to sleep?
- In those who are in prison (justly or unjustly)?
- In the sick?
- In the undocumented?
- In the indigenous who have lost their ancestral lands?
- In my employees (or boss)?
- In the young man who shovels my driveway and in the postal carrier?
In these, Jesus is waiting to receive the gold of our help, the incense of our respect and the myrrh of our understanding and love. To find this Jesus, we don't have to leave our land, we simple have to leave our comforts, our routine, our likes and interests and maybe our security. Are we Magi enough for this?