The national Leadership Conference of Women Religious resolved in 2001 and in 2012 to end human trafficking through education and action. In Wisconsin, Sisters are fulfilling this commitment by:
- preparing a parish-based toolkit to be used in adult faith formation, social concerns groups and interfaith dialogues, to name a few.
- promoting the national hotline number on billboards and buses in Milwaukee, Oshkosh and Green Bay -- a known human trafficking route between Chicago and the Twin Cities.
The parish toolkit contains these materials:
- Cover letter from LCWR-Wisconsin Region President Sister Pat Cormack
- Letter of support from Wisconsin's Bishops
- Wisconsin Resources of anti-human trafficking speakers, advocacy groups, websites, videos, etc. (2 pages). ONLINE ONLY: Ideas for Action sheet (PDF or Word)
- Infographics -- A snapshot of
- "Chosen" -- a 20-minute documentary created by Shared Hope International. Two "All-American" teen girls share their experience of being tricked into sex trafficking. DVD includes discussion guides to precede and follow showing. The 2-minute trailer is available online and the disc is available for purchase.
- "What Does Trafficking Look Like In Wisconsin?" is a presentation coordinated by Sister Celine Goessl, SCSC, featuring a number of resource persons familiar with the Wisconsin experience. The video is not online but the Facilitator's Guide is.
- NEW! "A Light Piercing the Darkness of Human Trafficking," Sister Celine Goessl, SCSC, 2016 presentation on human trafficking. This video is available upon request (shipping and handling donations accepted). Contact Sister Celine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-457-5649.
All toolkits were distributed to Wisconsin parishes in 2016. At this time there are no plans or dollars to generate more kits. You're invited to use the resources listed above. Questions? Contact email@example.com.