The Sisters of St. Francis of the Holy Cross are seeking a Finance Director to manage the financial operations of the congregation at St. Francis Convent, Green Bay. The Finance Director is responsible for administration, good stewardship, and sound planning to provide resources for the congregation’s mission and the temporal needs of the members.
The full-time (40 hours/week) position includes a comprehensive benefits package including insurance and retirement options.
- Supervises the finance staff and accounting procedures ensuring adequate funds and cash flow
- Researches and reviews employee benefits
- Prepares the annual budget in collaboration with department supervisors and the Leadership Team
- Oversees government programs for Sisters such as Social Security, Medicare, etc.
- Reviews, researches, and updates insurance coverage and files applicable claims
- Monitors investments with financial advisors and portfolio managers
- Oversees all aspects of the annual audit
- Prepares the annual financial report
- Monitors legal and tax implications of the congregation’s activities and properties
- Analyzes financial data to project needs and trends for the future
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a minimum of five years' experience in this type of position or related finance position
- Experience with a non-profit organization or Religious congregation preferred but not required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in a range of technological skills, use of software, database spreadsheets, etc.
The qualified candidate will receive on the job training for a smooth transition. Employment can begin on January 3, 2023.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resumé including references to Sr. Jane Riha at sr.jane @ gbfranciscans.org or call Sr. Jane Riha at 920-884-2731.