Cook (full time)
GREEN BAY, Wis. (July 22, 2019) -- The Sisters of St. Francis of the Holy Cross is a community of Roman Catholic religious Sisters located in northeast Green Bay. We are currently seeking a hard-working, reliable, full-time cook to work a rotating schedule (up to 32 hours/week including every third weekend).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing meals and baked goods for 25-35 people (buffet style) at scheduled times following planned menus and standardized procedures.
- Determining portions and modifying recipes to fit the number of residents.
- Preserving the quality and sanitary condition of food throughout the stages of preparation, serving and storage.
- Taking steps to keep food waste to a minimum.
- Assisting in set-up, take-down, and cleaning of serving line in the dining room.
- Cleaning of dishes/utensils, work area, tables and other kitchen equipment; maintaining sanitary conditions throughout the work area.
- Closing the kitchen properly, following closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Checking in deliveries and restocking storage areas.
- Purchasing food and supplies when directed by Food Service Supervisor.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required qualifications include:
- High School Diploma; Associate Degree in Culinary Art and ServSafe Certification preferred but not required.
- Previous cooking and baking experience of at least three years in an institution where meals are prepared and served on-site to residents or equivalent experience.
- Ability to use standard kitchen appliances and equipment.
- Ability to work independently and with others. Some partial and full shifts will be worked alone.
- Good judgment with the ability to make sound decisions individually and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to read small print in directions and on labels and thermometers.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled hours and fill in for absences when necessary.
- Ability to stand throughout a shift and lift/move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated hard worker with an upbeat personality, professional demeanor, and a cooperative and courteous manner.
The right candidate can honor/respect religious life which is centered in simplicity and prayer.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jenny Majkowski at 920-884-2720 for more information.