Reflection for June 4, 2017
Thursday, June 1, 2017
Come, Holy Spirit
How do you embrace these gifts? How do you share them with others?
by Sister Agnes Fischer
Come, Holy Spirit, with your gifts:
- Wisdom: to give wise counsel to young people who look to us for guidance
- Understanding: to discern what is true and false in what we see and hear
- Knowledge: to give earthly things their true value as means rather than ends
- Counsel: to resolve conflicts and strengthen family bonds
- Piety: to confide in God as true sons and daughters
- Fear of the Lord: to refrain from doing what might offend another or cause her to doubt
- Courage: to continue defending our and others’ rights without fear of criticism
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful and enkindle in us the fire of Your Love.