As Sisters of St. Francis of the Holy Cross we are rooted in the Cross, Word, and Eucharist. We value simplicity, hospitality, and prayer. Guided by our vision to further the Reign of God, we compassionately respond to the needs of our times through education, healing and related ministries that uphold human dignity, pursue peace, and promote Gospel justice.
We serve as parish leaders, educators, health caregivers, youth ministers, artists, minority and environmental advocates, social workers, literacy counselors, retreat directors, missionaries and administrators. With the same courage, tenacity and faithfulness as our founders, we actively engage in improving the spiritual and material condition of those with needs.
We strive to live our Franciscan values in our relationships with all of God's creation. As we respond compassionately to today's needs we:
Uphold human dignity
- Provide for the spiritual and material needs of Community members and of those we serve
- Advocate respect for all life--the unborn, elders, those with disabling conditions, and those on death row
- Work to reduce poverty in the world
- Work toward a non-violent lifestyle like Jesus lived
- Teach non-violent conflict resolution
- Forgive one another and advocate for forgiveness as Jesus did
- Work toward the elimination of all forms of modern slavery including human trafficking
- Advocate redirecting excess military spending toward social needs
Promote Gospel Justice
- Teach Christian social principles
- Care for our Mother Earth
- Give voice to the voiceless